THE HERO of THE STORY:
- CEO of Retail Company
- Spouse and two children
- CEO has multiple homes
- Sophisticated home automation and wireless networks in each home
Client Success Story
IT professional was controlling CEO’s home network, personal device security, and family emails from the office.
- The final straw was when the IT professional pranked the CEO and family on their computers
- Company concerned that the individual would retaliate on family or company
- Company couldn’t fire the IT professional because they worked for the company as well
- IT professional refused to give the passwords to control the home wireless network
- CEO wanted to ensure she and her family were secure from the prying IT professional
- CEO wanted to change providers but didn’t know how to do so securely
The CEO needed to protect her family and her company.
We developed a holistic plan to protect the CEO and her family as well as the company. Our four-step approach included:
- Protecting the company and family from data loss, extortion, and negative business impact
- Working alongside a new IT services firm to implement new infrastructure in the home
- Confirming the personal device security all computers and mobile devices are protected with security monitoring software
- Placing personal privacy protections on accounts and devices
Putting the Plan into Action
The CEO coordinated with a new, outsourced IT provider recommended by BlackCloak. The new provider started by replacing all current physical equipment. Once done, BlackCloak secured the homes and infrastructure. With help from BlackCloak, the new IT provider tightened up family privacy by reducing the family’s online presence through data broker removal services, hardening privacy personal device security and accounts, and adding deception technology to all devices for advanced tracking of hacking attempts. Our comprehensive personal privacy protection plan protected the family’s devices and homes.